Video courtesy WBALTV11.
Michael Rosman in partnership with Carbone Entertainment is proud to present THE GRAD MOBILE!
We will provide the stage truck with pipe and drape, a podium adorned with your school’s seal or mascot, ceremonial music, and a commencement speech.
We will help you create the ideal mini-ceremony for your special senior, or you can script the entire program yourself.
The basic run of show will include:
- arrival approximately 30 minutes prior to the scheduled “commencement” time to set up;
- play Pomp and Circumstance;
- commencement speech;
- student/parent speech;
- walk across stage;
- receipt of diploma;
- turning of the tassel;
- pomp and circumstance or other music; and
- photo ops.
“It was a great combination of pomp and circumstance and whimsy and creativity… All the safety of social distancing and the honor of a private ceremony, broadcast to our friends and loved ones. It was all of the celebration without the stress of the big day…”– Paul G.
Commencement in quarantine: How these UMD students celebrated their virtual graduation
Reisterstown comedian’s Grad Mobile helps seniors celebrate graduation
Graduation ceremony canceled? Grad Mobile lets students schedule their own
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much does it cost?
The cost for The Grad Mobile is $325 for a 30 minute visit, and $150 for each additional 30 minute block.
+ PLUS a delivery fee based on your location:
|Alexandria, VA||+ $55.00|
|Anne Arundel County, MD||+ $45.00|
|Arlington County, VA||+ $55.00|
|Baltimore City, MD||+ $30.00|
|Baltimore County, MD||+ $25.00|
|Camden County, NJ||+ $25.00|
|Carroll County, MD||+ $35.00|
|Cecil County, MD||+ $55.00|
|Fairfax County, VA||+ $55.00|
|Frederick County, MD||+ $55.00|
|Harford County, MD||+ $55.00|
|Howard County, MD||+ $35.00|
|Loudoun County, VA||+ $65.00|
|Montgomery County, MD||+ $55.00|
|Prince George’s County, MD||+ $55.00|
|Queen Anne’s County, MD||+ $65.00|
|Washington, DC||+ $55.00|
|York County, PA||+ $55.00|
For example, if you’d like to book us for 30 minutes in Montgomery County, MD the total cost is $380.00 (or $325.00 + $55.00).
What is included?
Your booking includes:
- The stage truck for however long you decide to book us;
- The podium with a logo/crest customized to your school;
- Two folding chairs for the grads;
- The traditional processional Pomp and Circumstance music (you can bluetooth your own device into our truck’s PA for other music to play during set up);
- A full PA with microphone and speakers. A dedicated sanitized microphone is provided for your own use;
- A personalized Grad Mobile Diploma for the graduate(s); and
- We can emcee the event, read a speech (yours or one of ours) or the truck staff can remain hidden and let you run the show!
What do I need to provide?
- SPACE – The truck requires 30 feet of flat length pavement or solid ground. The truck with the stage down is approximately 14’w. The stage itself is approximately 6’w x 11’l. Additional space is better.
- ELECTRICITY – While electricity on site is highly recommended, the Grad Mobile can bring a portable generator with advance notice.
How long should I book The Grad Mobile?
A 30 minute visit is usually perfect for up to 3 graduates.
If there are multiple graduates each with several family members, booking us for additional time may be necessary. We ask that you adhere to any local regulations limiting the number of people gathering.
Do I need to follow local regulations limiting the number of people attending the graduation?
YES – we ask that you adhere to any local regulations limiting the number of people gathering.
If you have multiple graduates from the same household, we’ll give them each an opportunity to graduate!
If you have multiple graduates from different households, we encourage you to stagger your graduations. This will allow us to adhere to the 10 person gathering limit and maintain social distancing.
This is great for neighborhoods or schools!
Do I need to follow social distancing guidelines?
YES – we ask that you follow social distancing guidelines. For example, chairs will be set up at least 6 feet apart and our staff will maintain 6 feet distance from all attendees.
What happen if it rains?
The Grad Mobile runs rain or shine, day or night. The stage is equipped with an awning, and we can provide a pop up tent in the audience for the graduates (social distancing rules apply).
We encourage parents and other guests to have their umbrellas ready in case of inclement weather.
What can you provide for an additional cost?
We can provide the following for an additional cost:
- Professional balloon decor;
- Delicious treats;
- Professional still photography; and
- Professional multi-camera, edited video showing the ceremony highlights.
Professional Balloon Decor
Package 1: Two Balloon Columns = $250
Package 2: Two Balloon Poms = $50
Package 3: Two Balloon Columns + Two Balloon Poms = $300
You will provide us with two balloon colors so that we can match your graduate’s school’s colors.
The Classic Catering People has a tradition of celebrating milestones with a memorable and magical touch. Let our chefs create a special snack to celebrate your graduate and complete your party or let our pastry chef create a personalized cake to commemorate the day.
Sweet Box: $60
- 10 individually wrapped Chocolate Gold cookies;
- 10 individually wrapped 2020 sugar cookies (2’s & 0’s);
- 10 individually wrapped Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods;
- 10 individually wrapped Strawberry Whoopie Pies; & napkins.
Savory Box: $75
- 10 individual bags of House Made Old Bay Chips;
- 10 individual bags of Popcorn;
- 10 individual bags of Pretzel Bites:
- 10 individual bags of House Made Chex Mix; & include napkins.
Personalized ¼ Sheet Cake: $55
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream.
- Includes (12) Napkins, Plates, Forks & a Plastic Cake Knife.
The cost for a Professional Photographer is $200 for each 30 minute session.
As the Grad Mobile pulls up, your complete photography studio provided by Sarah Nomoto Photography is soon to follow! You will receive a full professional portrait setting with a graduation backdrop, studio lighting, and diploma! All equipment is handled with the utmost care and will be disinfected between each graduation.
- Each 30 minute session includes 4 images and multiple set-ups.
- Set-up ideas include: Single Graduate Portrait, Multiple Graduate Portrait (up to 3 subjects), Sibling Portrait, Family Portrait, Mask Portrait, Action Portrait (throwing diploma or mask!), Lysol War (silly photo, taken off backdrop).
- All social distancing requirements will be maintained during your Graduation experience!
- Images will be viewed/delivered Germ Free on a password protected, watermarked viewing gallery.
- After finalizing your selection, images will be fully retouched and delivered electronically within 3 business days.
The cost for a Professional Videographer is $250 for up to three graduates, then $100 for each additional graduate.
Digital Video Enterprises (DVE) is the official video company for the 2020 GRAD MOBILE! DVE will inconspicuously capture your graduate’s special day using two professional 4K Sony cameras. A professional Shure wireless microphone mounted on the podium will record the sound of all the speeches, so no need to touch any hand-held mics as we follow strict social distancing protocol.
A booking includes:
- FIVE 4K Cameras (2 main cameras on tripods, 1 GoPro Camera on stage, 2 iPhone 4K cameras for cutaway shots)
- Unobtrusive filming by 1 camera operator
- Sound System with wireless podium mic
- Edited with opening title and music
- Edited video uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and downloadable link
- 2-3 week delivery time
The videographer will produce ONE multi-camera, edited video of the graduation.